Prof. C.F. Beckmann (Christian)
Professor - Faculty of Medical Sciences (Radboudumc)
Professor - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
6525 EN NIJMEGEN
Prof Beckmann's research focus is on developing novel methods for imaging neurosciences.
Over the last two decades neuroimaging has made significant contributions to our understanding of human brain function. The indirect nature of the data requires sophisticated modeling and analysis approaches in order to infer interpretable quantities of interest.
Prof Beckmann leads a multi-disciplinary team with research foci that cover a range of subjects from the analysis of Neuroimaging data, via the development of novel tools for general image and signal processing, to the technology development for imaging biomarkers and advanced diagnosis systems for the neural system. In doing so, we use a variety of imaging techniques, such as MRI, FMRI, MEG, EEG etc and integrate this with other types of data, such as Genetic or questionnaire information.
- Haak, K.V., Beckmann, C.F. (2019) Plasticity versus stability across the human cortical visual connectome. Nature Communications 10, 3174 Full text
- Llera, A.,Wolfers, T., Mulders, P., Beckmann, C.F. (2019) Inter-individual differences in human brain structure and morphology link to variations in demographics and behaviour. eLife 8:e44443 Full text
- Marquand, A.F., , Buitelaar, J., Beckmann, C.F. (2019) Conceptualizing mental disorers as deviations from normative functioning. Molecular Psychiatry Full text
- Beckmann, C.F. (2012). Modelling with Independent Components. Neuroimage. 62(2), 891-901 (Special issue '20 years fMRI') Full text
- Smith, S.M., Fox, P.T., Miller, K.L., Glahn, D.C., Fox, P.M., Mackay, C.E., Filippini, N., Watkins, K.E., Toro, R., Laird, A.R., and Beckmann, C.F. (2009). Correspondence of the brain’s functional architecture during activation and rest. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 106, 13040–13045. Full text
Research grants and prizes
Director of SBGneuro Ltd, a company providing data analysis consultancy and data analytic services
(01 August 2012)