Dr K.H. Begall (Katia)
Assistant professor - Radboud Social Cultural Research
Assistant professor - Sociology
Thomas van Aquinostraat 4
6525 GD NIJMEGEN
Katia Begall is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology. Prior to joining the Radboud University, she worked as an Assistant Professor at Utrecht University and as a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Amsterdam and Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany). Katia obtained her PhD from the University of Groningen in 2013.
Her research interest focuses on the interrelation between paid work and family over the life-course. In particular she is interested in the household division of tasks, gender ideologies and work-family policies.
- Grunow, D., Begall, K., & Buchler, S. (2018). Gender Ideologies in Europe: A Multidimensional Framework. Journal of Marriage and Family, 80(1), 42–60. https://doi.org/10.1111/jomf.12453 Full text
- Begall, K., & Grunow, D. (2015). Labour force transitions around first childbirth in the Netherlands. European Sociological Review, 31(6), 697–712. https://doi.org/10.1093/esr/jcv068 Full text
- Begall, K., Mills, M., & Ganzeboom, H. B. G. (2015). Non-Standard Work Schedules and Childbearing in the Netherlands: A Mixed-Method Couple Analysis. Social Forces, 93(3), 957–988. https://doi.org/10.1093/sf/sou110 Full text
- Begall, K. (2013). How do educational and occupational resources relate to the timing of family formation? A couple analysis of the Netherlands. Demographic Research, 29, 907–936. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2013.29.34 Full text
- Begall, K., & Mills, M. (2013). The influence of educational field, occupation, and occupational sex segregation on fertility in the Netherlands. European Sociological Review, 29(4), 720–742. https://doi.org/10.1093/esr/jcs051 Full text