Dr N.V.T. Belei (Nina)
Assistant professor - Marketing
Nina Belei is Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Institute for Management Research at Radboud University Nijmegen. She received her Ph.D. in Marketing from Maastricht University, the Netherlands. Part of her dissertation was completed at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, USA. Her dissertation was selected by the European Journal of Marketing as a winner of the 2013 Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award.
Fascinated by the many consumption situations in which people behave irrationally and hence not in their own best interests, Nina conducts research in human decision making and consumption. She focuses on the dynamic interplay of cognitive, affective, and motivational aspects underlying self-control dilemmas in typical, everyday consumption contexts. Her work analyses individual preferences and behaviors and the resulting societal challenges with the aim of developing and testing intervention strategies that support decision makers. Furthermore, she uses innovative methods to study how brands should communicate in a digitalized world to foster consumer-brand relationships.
- Consumer Behavior, Marketing, Brand Management, Decision Making
- Davis, S.W., Horvath, C., Gretry, A., Belei, N. (2019), "Say What? How the Interplay of Tweet Readability and Brand Hedonism Affects Consumer Engagement," Journal of Business Research, 100, 150-64.
- Gretry, A., Horvath, C., Belei, N., and Van Riel, A.C.R. (2017), “Don’t pretend to be my friend! When an informal brand communication style backfires on social media,” Journal of Business Research, 74, 77-89.
- Horvath, C., Büttner, O., Belei, N., Adiguzel, F. (2015), “Balancing the Balance: Self-Control Mechanisms and Compulsive Buying,” Journal of Economic Psychology, 49, 120-132.
- Belei, N., Geyskens, K., Goukens, C., Ramanathan, S., Lemmink, J. (2012), “The Best of Both Worlds? Effects of Attribute-Induced Goal Conflict on Consumption of Healthy Indulgences,” Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (6), 900-9.
- Belei, N., Noteborn, G., de Ruyter, K. (2011), “It’s a Brand-New World: Teaching Brand Management in Virtual Environments,” Journal of Brand Management, 18, 611-23.
International Business Administration (IBA) Management Team
Director General IMMA
(01 January 2023)
IMMA - International Metaversial Marketing Alliance