Prof. Y.W.M. Benschop (Yvonne)
Professor - Strategic Human Resource Management
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
Yvonne Benschop is Professor of Business Administration, Organizational Behavior. She is head of Department of Business Administration, and leads the multidisciplinary research hotspot Gender and Power in Politics and Management, in which 20+ researchers from Business Administration, Political Science, Economics and Geography, Planning and Environment collaborate. She is affiliate professor at the Center for Gender in Organizations of Simmons School of Management, Boston, USA.
Her teaching, research and adisory work center on the social responsibility of contemporary organizations to organize for gender equality, diversity and inclusion. She is interested in informal organization processes that produce inequalities and in the interventions to change these processes and inequalities. Current research projects include gender and inclusion in leadership; the influence of postfeminism on organizational change and intersectional equality.
She is Co-Editor in Chief of the journal Organization, associate editor of Gender, Work and Organization, and serves on the editorial boards of several other journals
- Benschop, Y.W.M. (2021). Grand challenges, feminist answers. Organization Theory, 2 (3). doi: 10.1177/26317877211020323 Full text
- Dennissen, M.H.J., Benschop, Y.W.M. & Brink, M.C.L. van den (2020). Rethinking diversity management: An intersectional analysis of diversity networks. Organization Studies, 41 (2), 219-240. doi: 10.1177/0170840618800103 Full text
- Visser, L.M., Bleijenbergh, I.L., Benschop, Y.W.M. & Riel, A.C.R. van (2018). Prying Eyes: A Dramaturgical Approach to Professional Surveillance. Journal of Management Studies, 55 (4), 703-727. doi: 10.1111/joms.12283 Full text
- Lewis, P., Benschop, Y.W.M. & Simpson, R. (Ed.). (2017). Postfeminism and organization. London: Routledge
- Benschop, Y.W.M. & Verloo, M.M.T. (2016). Feminist Organization Theories: Islands of Treasure. In R. Mir, H. Wilmott & M. Greenwood (Eds.), The Routledge Companion to Philosophy in Organization Studies (Routledge Companions in Business, Management and Accounting) (pp. 100-113). London, UK: Routledge Full text
- Brink, M.C.L. van den & Benschop, Y.W.M. (2014). Gender in Academic Networking: The Role of Gatekeepers in Professorial Recruitment. Journal of Management Studies, 51 (3), 460-492. doi: 10.1111/joms.12060