Dr A.G.M. Böcker (Anita)
Associate professor - Sociology of Law and Migration Law
6525 HR NIJMEGEN
6500 KK NIJMEGEN
Dr. Anita Böcker is associate professor of Sociology of Law and affiliated to the Centre for Migration Law of the Law Faculty of Radboud University (Nijmegen, the Netherlands). She studied social geography and cultural anthropology at Groningen University. She received her PhD from Radboud University Nijmegen in 1994. Her PhD thesis dealt with the impact of the Dutch state system of social security on informal social security arrangements within Turkish migrant families and networks (Turkse migranten en sociale zekerheid: van onderlinge zorg naar overheidszorg? Amsterdam 1994). She has published widely on international migration and immigrant integration (with a particular focus on Turkish migration to the Netherlands and Germany); the social and legal status of immigrants; the effectiveness of anti-discrimination law; and the regulation of migration and immigrant integration in the Netherlands and other European states. She has been involved in various international and interdisciplinary research projects. She is currently involved in an international research project on transnational long-term care arrangements.
- Vincent Horn, Cornelia Schweppe, Anita Böcker, María Bruquetas-Callejo (2019), Live-in migrant care worker arrangements in Germany and the Netherlands: motivations and justifications in family decision-making, International Journal of Ageing and Later Life, advance access, doi: 10.3384/ijal.1652-8670.18410 Full text
- Böcker, A. & A. Hunter (2017), Legislating for transnational ageing: a challenge to the logics of the welfare state, in: European Journal of Ageing. doi: 10.1007/s10433-017-0431-6 Full text
- Böcker, A. & C. Balkir (2015), Maintaining dual residences to manage risks in later life: A comparison of two groups of older migrants, in: V. Horn & C. Schweppe (eds.), Transnational Aging. Current Insights and Future Challenges. New York and London: Routledge Publications, pp. 125-140.
- Böcker, A. & A.B. Terlouw (red.) (2013), De gelaagdheid van de vreemdelingenregelgeving in historisch en vergelijkend perspectief (Serie Staat en Recht, 15). Deventer: Kluwer.
- Böcker, A. & T. Strik (2011), Language and Knowledge Tests for Permanent Residence Rights: Help or Hindrance for Integration?, in: European Journal of Migration and Law, 13, nr. 2, pp. 157-184.
- Migrant workers in the frontline More information
- ESTRANCA (Emergence and Significance of Transnational Long-Term Care Arrangements) More information
- Transfer of judicial tasks to government bodies and other non-judicial institutions: an exploratory investigation More information
- Retirement migration and retirement return migration from the Netherlands to Turkey More information
- The multi-layered structure of Dutch alien legislation: An historical and comparative analysis More information
Bestuurslid Centrum voor de Geschiedenis van Migranten
Lid ledenraad Pax Christi Nederland