Dr G.J.M. Braam (Geert)
Associate professor - Business Economics
Geert Braam is an associate professor of Accounting. His research and teaching activities focus on the interplay of accounting, accountability and corporate governance, and more specifically, on the adoption and dissemination of corporate financial and nonfinancial (sustainability) reporting practices and the effectiveness of corporate governance mechanisms. He is particularly interested in the role of accounting and governance mechanisms in facilitating sustainable business transformations. His research has been published in highly-ranked international journals such as Business Strategy and the Environment, Journal of Cleaner Production, Accounting & Finance, The International Journal of Accounting, Long Range Planning and Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management.
He studied econometrics at the Tilburg University and obtained a PhD in Business Administration from the Radboud University. In addition, Geert Braam is a chartered accountant (RA). He previously worked as auditor and business controller, and is board member of private limited companies and treasurer of non-governmental organizations.
- Reimsbach, D. & Braam, G.J.M. (2022). Creating social and environmental value through integrated thinking: International evidence. Business Strategy and the Environment, 1-17. doi: 10.1002/bse.3131 Full text
- Wang, Z., Braam, G., Reimsbach, D., & Wang, J. (2020). Political embeddedness and firms’ choices of earnings management strategies in China. Accounting & Finance, 60 (5), 4723-4755. doi: 10.1111/acfi.12690 Full text
- Wang, Z., Reimsbach, D. & Braam, G.J.M. (2018). Political embeddedness and the diffusion of corporate social responsibility practices in China: A trade-off between financial and CSR performance? Journal of Cleaner Production, 198, 1185-1197. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.07.116 Full text
- Braam, G.J.M. & Peeters, R. (2018). Corporate Sustainability Performance and Assurance on Sustainability Reports: Diffusion of Accounting Practices in the Realm of Sustainable Development. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 25 (2), 164-181. doi: 10.1002/csr.1447 Full text
- Braam, G.J.M., De Weerd, L., Hauck, M., & Huijbregts, M.A.J. (2016). Determinants of corporate environmental reporting: the importance of environmental performance and assurance. Journal of Cleaner Production, 129, 724-734. Full text
Board member of private limited companies and treasurer of non-governmental organizations.