Prof. R.N. Eisinga (Rob)
Professor - Radboud Social Cultural Research
Professor - Sociology
Thomas van Aquinostraat 4
6525 GD NIJMEGEN
Working days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Rob Eisinga is a professor of quantitative research methods. His substantive interests concern the analysis of social and political change, including electoral and religious behavior, and the obesity epidemic. His current methodological interest is in the analysis of rank data and their null distribution in particular. Some publications are below.
- Eisinga, R. T. Heskes, B. Pelzer, M. te Grotenhuis (2017). Exact p-values for pairwise comparison of Friedman rank sums, with application to comparing classifiers, BMC Bioinformatics, 18:68. [Open access] Full text
- Del Carratore, F., A. Jankevics, R. Eisinga, T. Heskes, F. Hong, R. Breitling (2017). RankProd 2.0: A refactored Bioconductor package for detecting differentially expressed features in molecular profiling datasets, Bioinformatics, 33, 2774-2775. [Open access] Full text
- Heskes, T., R. Eisinga, R. Breitling (2014). A fast algorithm for determining bounds and accurate approximate p-values of the rank product statistic for replicate experiments. BMC Bioinformatics, 15:367. [Open access] Full text
- Eisinga, R., R. Breitling, T. Heskes (2013). The exact probability distribution of the rank product statistics for replicated experiments. FEBS Letters, 587, 677-682. [Open access] Full text
- Eisinga, R., M. te Grotenhuis, B. Pelzer (2013). The reliability of a two-item scale: Pearson, Cronbach or Spearman-Brown? International Journal of Public Health, 58, 637-642. Full text
Research grants and prizes
- 1990 - Junior fellow Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)>
- 1993 - Senior fellow Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW)>
No relevant ancillary positions have been specified by Prof. R.N. Eisinga (Rob).