Dr Y.J.L. Griep (Yannick)
Associate professor - Work and Organizational Psychology
Associate professor - Behavioural Science Institute
Yannick Griep is an Associate Professor at the Behavioural Science Institute at Radboud University, the Netherlands, and an affiliated member of faculty at Stockholm University, Sweden. His research focuses on temporal dynamics associated with psychological contract breaches and how these dynamics influence employees’ propensity to engage in dysfunctional behavior, akin to health and well-being at work. Furthermore, he is interested in the neuro-physiology underlying behavior.
He has published his research in leading journals such as the Journal of Vocational Behavior, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, Journal of Business Research, Group & Organization Management, Computers in Human Behavior, Business Research Quarterly, and the European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
He is the incoming Editor in Chief for Group and Organization Management, and serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology and the Journal of Vocational Behavior.
- psychological contracts; deviance; unethical behavior; health and well-being; neuro-physiology;
- Work, Health, and Performance
- Griep, Y., Germeys, L, & Kraak, M. J. (2021). Unpacking the relationship between organizational citizenship behavior and counterproductive work behavior: Moral licensing and temporal focus? Group & Organization Management, 46(5), 819-856. DOI: 10.1177/1059601121995366
- Griep, Y., Lukic, A., Kraak, M. J., López Bohle, S. A., Jiang, L., Vander Elst, T., & De Witte, H. (2020). The Chicken or the egg: The reciprocal relationship between job insecurity and mental health. Journal of Business Research, 126, 170-186. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2020.12.045
- Bankins, S., Griep, Y., & Hansen, S. D. (2020). Charting directions for a new research era: addressing gaps and advancing scholarship in the study of psychological contracts. European Journal of Work and Industrial Psychology, 29(2), 159-163. DOI: 10.1080/1359432X.2020.1737219
- Griep, Y., & Vantilborgh, T. (2018). Let’s get cynical about this! Recursive relationships between psychological contract breach and counterproductive work behavior. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 91(2), 421-429. DOI: 10.1111/joop.12201
- Griep, Y., & Vantilborgh, T. (2018). Reciprocal effects of psychological contract breach on counterproductive and organizational citizenship behaviors: The role of time. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 104, 141-153. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvb.2017.10.013
Research grants and prizes
- 2021 - ZonMw - Verbetering kwaliteit poortwachtersproces Awarded: Beckers, D. G. J., Griep, Y. (co-P.I.), Cillessen, A., Boot, C. R. L., Schaafsma, F. G., Spekle, E. M., van der Gulden, J. W. J., van Koolwijk, I. R. K., van Lomwel, A. G. C., van Marrewijk, C. M. Value: € 393,450 Title: Thuis in thuiswerken: Een leidraad voor verantwoorde inbedding van thuiswerken in re-integratietrajecten bij verzuim – Verbetering kwaliteit poortwachterproces. Duration: 2021-2025
- 2020 - Institute GAK - De impact van het coronavirus op de arbeidsmarkt Awarded: Beckers, D., Geurts, S., Griep, Y. (Co-I), van Willigenburg, N., Margreet X., van Veldhoven, M., van der Beek, A., Yerkes, M. Blomme, R., & van de ven, H. Value: €333,973 Title: Samen op weg naar toekomstbestending beleid voor flexibele werktijden Duration: 2020-2022
- 2018 - Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council of Canada Awarded: Hansen, S. D., & Griep, Y. (Co-P.I.) Value: $178,934 Title: The critical role of time on perceived employee and employer obligations: A new direction in the study of psychological contracts Duration: 2018-2023
Education and organization consulting and coaching
(01 April 2020)