Prof. J.K. Helderman (Jan-Kees)
Professor - Public Administration
Vice dean of research - Dean's office
Chair of the faculty research group (hot spot) on Governance and Innovations in Social Services (GAINS). Specialized in healthcare governance and policy and in governance and innovation in social services. My work concentrates theoretically on governance and institutional analysis.
Research grants and prizes
- 2007 - Van Poelje award 2007. Best PhD thesis in Dutch and Flemish Public Administration.
- 2012 - Faculty Research award.
- 2019 - 2020 Member of the Expertise team Scope Youth Care Act on behalf of the board of Association of Dutch Municipalities (VNG). The expertise team started in September 2019 and consists of municipal administrators, scientists, youth care providers and representatives of clients and professionals. Almost all municipalities are struggling with large budget deficits as a result of rising spending on youth aid. The VNG board would therefore like to know exactly what the scope of youth law is. In the coming six months, the team will look into issues related to policy and management from municipalities, the definition of the youth aid obligation in relation to related legislation (such as appropriate education, the Long-Term Care Act, and the Healthcare Insurance Act) and the development of the provision of services and prevention. The resulting advice must be ready early next year. More information
- 2018 - --- Member of the scientific Advisory Board of the City of Enschede More information
- 2018 - 2021 Project member Evaluation Everything is Health (consortium of Maastricht University and Radboud University: Partly as a result of an administrative-organizational evaluation of the first period 2014-2017, the 'Everything is Health ...' program has been extended by five years up to and including 2021 The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport now asks us for an action-oriented evaluation. Grant provider: ZonMw 531 00501 2
Associate editor of Health Economics, Policy and Law (Cambridge University Press)
(01 January 2016)
Coordinator European Health Policy Group
(01 January 2001)
Chief editor Bestuurskunde
(01 January 2019)
Association for Public Administration
Scientific Advisor Supportteam Care for the Youth
(01 January 2019)
Support team Care for the Youth
Member board of commissioners Foundation of Neighborhood Teams Youth and Family Nijmegen
(01 November 2020 - 01 November 2028)
Foundation of Neighborhood Teams Youth and Family Nijmegen