Dr M.P.H. Hendriks (Marc)
Assistant professor - Donders Centre for Cognition
Assistant professor - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
Assistant professor - Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology
As a registred Clinical Neuropsychologist I am working in the Behavioural Science Department of the Epilepsy Centre Kempenhaeghe, in Heeze. This department is involved in the care of epilepsy patients. Within this department I am responsible for the neuropsychological assessment en treatment of epilepsy patients who are treated neurosurgecally, or have been operated to relieve them from seizures. Epilepsy surgery is a multidisciplinary cooperation with the Academic Medical Centre of Maastricht where the patients are operated. The Behavioural Science Department offers the possibility of a clinical internship or a research internship for thesis as part of a master program in Health-care Psychology, clinical neuropsychology, Cognitive Neuroscience or similar topics. For more information about these internships, please contact me. Within the neurosurgical multidisciplinary team I chair the scientific program of epilepsy surgery.
My own research is organised witin the research group Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology. Thematically I focus on memory deficits and memory rehabilitation in epilepsy patients. Furthermore I'm involved in several projects on neuropsychological assessment and cognitive rehabilitation.
- van Geldorp, Bonnie; Kessels, Roy P C; Hendriks, Marc P H (2013) Single-item and associative working memory in stroke patients. Behavioural neurology, 26, 3, 199-201 Published: 2013-Jan-1 DOI: 10.3233/BEN-2012-129010 Full text
- Tielemans, Nienke S.; Hendriks, Marc P. H.; Talamini, Lucia; et al. (2012) Facilitation of memory by contextual cuesin patients with diencephalic and medial temporal lobe dysfunction. Neuropsychologia, 50, 7, 1603-1608 DOI: 10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2012.03.013 Full text
- Ammerlaan, Eveline J. G.; Hendriks, Marc P. H.; Colon, Albert J.; et al. (2008) Emotion perception and interpersonal behavior in epilepsy patients after unilateral amygdalohippocampectomy, Acta Neurobiologiae Experimentalis, 68, 2, 214-218
- Hendriks, MPH; Aldenkamp, AP; Alpherts, WCJ; et al. (2004) Relationships between epilepsy-related factors and memory impairment. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, 110, 5, 291-300 DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0404.2004.00319.x Full text
- Kessels, RPC; Hendriks, MPH; Schouten, J; et al. (2004) Spatial memory deficits in patients after unilateral selective amygdalohippocampectomy, Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 10, 6, 907-912,DOI: 10.1017/S1355617704106140 Full text
- Working Memory functions in adolescents with high functioning autism. Copromotor in the PhD study of drs. Evelien Barendse. In cooperation with " De Berkenschutse" school for speciale education Epilepsy centre Kempenhaeghe Heeze
- Translation and validation of the Dutch Wechsler Memory Scale-IV. Copromotor in the PhD study of drs. Zita Bouman. In cooperation with Epilepsy centre Kempenhaeghe Heeze and Pearson Test Publishers, Amsterdam.
- Working memory functions in young children with Specific Language Impairments. Copromotor in the PhD study of drs, Brigitte Vugs. In cooperation with Kentalis, Eindhoven.
- Translation and validation of the Indonesian version of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale-IV. Copromotor in the PhD study of Christiany Suwartano, Atma Jaya Catholic University of Jakarta Indonesia
- Validation of DiagnoseIS; application of an internet based computerised neuropsychological test platform in epilepsy surgery and sports concussion. In cooperation with Ben Vaessen of Metrisquare B.V. and dr. Martine van Zantvoort of Utrecht Medical University Centre, Utrecht.
Epilepsiecentrum Hans Berger Kliniek Breda
(01 January 1987)
Epilepsiecentrum Kempenhaeghe Heeze
(01 January 2003)
Secretaris commissie Neuropsychologisch Diagnsotiek en Testgebruik, sectie Neuropsychologie, Nederlans Instituut Psychologen (NIP)
(01 January 1999)
Lid Commissie Testaangelegenheden (COTAN), NIP
(01 January 2003)
Lid Opleidingscommissie, Opleiding Klinisch Psycholoog, SPON
(01 January 2001)
Lid Opleidingscommissie, Opleiding Klinisch Psycholoog RinoZuid
(01 January 2010)
Lid Commissie Uitvoeringsregeling Registratie Neuropsycholoog RSG
(01 January 2009)
Guest lecturer Atma Jaya Catholic University, Jakarta, Indonesia
(01 January 2002)