Dr D.V. Ivanova (Dara)
Postdoctoral researcher - Philosophical ethics and political philosophy
6525 HT NIJMEGEN
6500 HD NIJMEGEN
Postdoc Interdisciplinary Hub for Digitalization and Society
Postdoc Philosophical Ethics and Political Philosophy
Dara is a postdoctoral researcher at iHub, Radboud's interfaculty center for research on digitalization and society, working within the Radboud Center for Philosophy and Society (RCPS). She studied cultural anthropology at Utrecht University and holds a PhD (cum laude, 2020) in Science and Technology Studies (STS) from Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Dara is a qualitative researcher with an interest in the interconnections between place, care and emerging technologies. Her dissertation – CARE/PLACE: Unsettling Place in Healthcare – is a conceptual investigation of how the place of care matters for care practices and how technologies, imaginaries and affective relationships are folded within (un-)caring (digital) geographies. Her work on placed care carved out a new ‘place-perspective’ on care practices, introducing a spatial approach to studying healthcare technology practices. Dara's goal is to build on this agenda by empirically studying the place-less politics of emerging care technologies – what she calls ‘more-than-digital-entanglements’.
Dara held a position at the EASST Council (European Association for the Study of Science and Technology) from 2016 to 2020, representing PhD candidates and early career scholars. She is a member of the WTMC (Netherlands Graduate Research School of Science, Technology and Modern Culture).
- Place and Care, Digital Geographies, Post-place care
- Ivanova, D (2020) Post-place care: disrupting place-care ontologies. Sociology of Health and Illness, 42(6), 1296-1311 Full text
- Ivanova, D (2021) (Un)folding places with care: Migrant caregivers ‘dwelling-in-folds’. Global Networks, 22(2), 211-225 Full text
- Ivanova D, Wallenburg I, & R Bal (2016) Care in place: A case study of assembling a carescape. Sociology of Health and Illness, 38(8), 1336-1349 Full text
- Ivanova D, Wallenburg I, & R Bal (2019) Place-by-proxy: Care infrastructures in a foundling room. The Sociological Review, 68(1), 144-160 Full text
- Ivanova D (2022) Articulating mobile gendered landscapes: Thinking with care cultures, Health and Place, SI Cultural Landscapes of Care Full text