Dr J.P. de Jong (Jeroen)
Associate professor - Strategic Human Resource Management
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
My research primarily focuses on the dynamics within employment relationships. In examining these relationships, I use the psychological contract as the main theoretical lens. For example, I'm interested in the (temporal) dynamics underlying the employment relationship between an employee and his/her employer, but also in the dynamics of collaborations between team members, and the relationship between teams and their environment. Using diary studies, social network analyses, and multilevel-designs I aim to gain more insight into how these relationships develop, and what factors contribute to both meaningfulness and effectiveness. In line with this, I'm interested in the employment relationships and careers of temporary workers, their position in teams, how they can be effective, and what factors contribute to their well-being.
- de Jong, J.P., T. Rigotti, & J. Mulder. (2017) One After the Other: Effects of Sequence Patterns of Breached and Overfulfilled Obligations. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 26(3), 337-355.
- de Jong, J.P., P. Curseu, & R. Leenders (2014) When do Bad Apples NOT Spoil the Barrel? Negative Relationships in Teams, Team Performance, and Buffering Mechanisms. Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(3), 514-522
- de Jong, J.P. (2014) Externalization Motives and Temporary versus Permanent Employee Psychological Well-being: A Multilevel Analysis. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 23(6), 803-815.
- De Jong, J.P., R. Schalk, & N. De Cuyper. (2009). Balanced versus unbalanced psychological contracts in temporary and permanent employment: Associations with employee attitudes. Management and Organization Review, 5(3): 329-351.
- De Cuyper, N., J.P. de Jong, H. De Witte, K. Isaksson, T. Rigotti, & R. Schalk. (2008). Review of theory and research on the psychological impact of temporary employment: Towards a conceptual model. International Journal of Management Reviews, 10(1): 25-51.
- 2018 - Lecturer of the yearFaculty of Management, Science & Technology (MST)Open University of the Netherlands>
Lecturer at Radboud Management Academy
(01 September 2019)
Radboud Management Academy