Prof. H.L. van Kranenburg (Hans)
Department chairman - Business Administration
Professor - Strategy
Prof. dr. Hans van Kranenburg is full professor of Corporate Strategy at Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen School of Management, the Netherlands. He is head of the Strategic Management group at the department of Business Administration. He was a visiting scholar at Department of Politics and International Relations, Reuters Institute and GreenTempleton College at University of Oxford (UK), Media Management and Transformation Center at Jönköping International Business School (Sweden), University of Navarra (Spain) and the University of Chicago (USA). He was head of Business Administration and director of research program Responsible Organisation at Nijmegen School of Management. He published on strategic behaviour of organizations, industry dynamics, alliances and networks, foreign direct investments, non-market strategies and stakeholder management. He also is an expert in media management and economics. Furthermore, he advised companies such as publishing and chemical companies on strategic and anti-trust issues. He is member of the editorial board of Journal of Media Economics, International Journal of Media Management, and Journal of Media Business Studies. He has published books, chapters in books and in international journals.
He conducts studies on: Stakeholder management; market and nonmarket strategies; mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures; entry and exit decisions of organizations;
location issues; internationalization of organizations; multinational enterprises; the dynamics of markets and media economics and management.
- Books Nonmarket Strategic Management, authors Cosmina Voinea and Hans van Kranenburg, publisher Routledge, UK, 2017 (ISBN 978-1-138-91829-0). Innovation Policies in the European News Media Industry: A Comparative Study, editor Hans van Kranenburg, in series Media Business and Innovation, publisher Springer Verlagen Berlin Heidelberg, forthcoming in 2016 (in press). A European Comparison of Innovation Policies to trigger Innovation in Journalism and News media, editor Hans van Kranenburg, 2015, Stimuleringsfonds voor de Journalistiek, Den Haag. Management and Innovation in the Media Industry, editors Cinzia Dal Zotto and Hans van Kranenburg, 2009, publisher Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK.
- Innovation Policies in the European News Media Industry: A Comparative Study, editor Hans van Kranenburg, in series Media Business and Innovation, 2017, publisher Springer Verlagen Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-319-45202-9.
- Distance Costs and the Degree of Inter-Partner Involvement in International Relational-Based Technology Alliances, Global Strategy Journal, November, with J. Hagedoorn and S. Lorenz-Orlean, 2014, vol 4 (4), 280-291 (DOI:10.1002/gsj.1085).
- Intellectual Property Rights and the Governance of International R&D Partnerships, Journal of International Business Studies, 2005, 36 p.175-186, with J. Hagedoorn and D. Cloodt.
- Tax Policy, Location Choice and Market Structure, Journal of Law and Economics, 2003, Vol. 46 (1) p. 61-83, with G.A. Pfann.
Member of the board of the foundation Our Common Future
(01 January 2010)
Chair of political party CDA - Geldermalsen & Buren
(01 January 2013)
member of organizing team Sustainable Tuesday (Duurzame Dinsdag)
(01 January 2012)
Lecturer at executive education: ABK and Universiteit Maastricht
(01 January 2010)
Member of Advisory Board Business School Nederland
(01 January 2013)
Chairman of Board of Charity Foundation ‘Nationale Rode Kruis Bloesemtocht’, (One day walking event, more than 30000 walkers), function March leader, 2015 – present.
(01 January 2015)
Charity Foundation National Red Cross 'Bloesemtocht'
Member of Advisory Council of Avans Expertise Center of Sustainable Business, Avans University of Applied Sciences, Breda.
(01 January 2016)