M. de Meijer MA (Maarten)
Educational development employee - Teaching Information Point
Maarten de Meijer (1982) studied Dutch Language & Culture (bachelor) and Literary Studies (research master) in Nijmegen. He worked as an independent entrepreneur in the performing arts, as a teacher of Dutch in secondary education and as a teacher trainer at the HAN University of Applied Sciences. Gradually he started to focus on learning and teaching with ICT.
Maarten works at the Teaching Information Point of the Faculty of Arts as an Educational Development Officer. Faculty staff members can contact him for all kinds of questions and advice related to educational design and innovation.
Professionalization and advice related to educational design:
* drafting or improving course and lecture goals;
* design or selection of teaching materials and learning activities that fit the learning objectives;
* development or selection of exam types and assessment instruments.
Professionalization and advice regarding the use of the digital learning environment.
* structuring/setting up courses;
* assessing and scoring student products, checking for plagiarism, providing feedback, if relevant using an integrated rubric;
* stimulating communication and reflection between students through Discussions or integrated peer feedback software;
* developing and offering digital practice material via Brightspace Quizzes or integrated software for adding interactive content;
* activating, motivating and helping students plan their learning activities using the Calendar, Completion Tracking, Release Conditions, Awards, et cetera;