Prof. S.V. Meijerink (Sander)
Professor - Planning
Department chairman - Geography, Spatial Planning and Environment Department
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
Sander Meijerink is Full professor of Water Governance. His research focuses on water governance and climate change adaptation in international comparative perspective. Research themes are flood risk management, the management of water scarcity and drought, water quality management and climate proof cities. Sander Meijerink is coordinator of the Master's specialisation Cities, Water and Climate Change of the Master's programme in Spatial Planning and teaches in the international Master's programme Transnational ecosystem-based water management and in the Bachelors Programme Human Geography, Planning and Environment.
Sander Meijerink studied Public Administration at Twente University and obtained his PhD (with distinction) at Delft University of Technology. He has worked for five years in policy practice on regional water management issues. Since 2003 he has been working at the Radboud University, as post-doc researcher, assistant and associate professor, and from 2019 as full professor.
- Meijerink, S., D. Huitema (2017) The institutional design, politics, and effects of a bioregional approach; observations and lessons from 11 case studies of river basin organizations. Ecology & Society. 22(2): 41[online] Full text
- Brink, M. van, S. Meijerink, K. Termeer, J. Gupta (2014) Climate-proof planning for flood-prone areas; Assessing the adaptive capacity of planning institutions in the Netherlands. Regional Environmental Change 14(3): 981-995.
- Meijerink, S., S. Stiller (2013) What kind of leadership do we need for climate adaptation? A framework for analyzing leadership functions and tasks in climate change adaptation. Environment and Planning C 31(2): 240-256.
- Meijerink, S., D. Huitema (2010) Policy entrepreneurs and change strategies: lessons from sixteen case studies of water transitions around the globe. Ecology and Society 15(2): 21. [online] Full text
- Meijerink, S. (2008) Explaining continuity and change in international policies. Issue-linkage, venue change and learning on policies for the river Scheldt estuary 1967-2005. Environment and Planning A 40(4): 848-866.