Dr J.H. Mentink (Johan)
Assistant professor - Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Correlated Materials
Johan Mentink is an expert in the field of the ultrafast dynamics of condensed matter systems, specifically on the theoretical description and numerical simulation of (quantum) many-body effects in the ultrafast dynamics of magnetism. He is well-known for the strong interactions with experimentalists and actively involved in the application of ultrafast magnetic phenomena for the development of new concepts for faster, smaller and more energy-efficient computing.
- Supermagnonic Propagation in Two-Dimensional Antiferromagnets; Phys. Rev. Lett. 127, 097202 (2021) Full text
- Observation of fluctuation-mediated picosecond nucleation of a topological phase; Nature Materials 20, 30-37 (2021) Full text
- Manipulating magnetism by ultrafast control of the exchange interaction; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 29 453001 (2017) Full text
- Ultrafast and reversible control of the exchange interaction in Mott insulators; Nature Communications 6, 6708 (2015) Full text
- Ultrafast Spin Dynamics in Multisublattice Magnets; Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 057202 (2012) Full text