Dr M. Saeli (Mara)
Assistant professor - Science Education Research
Research in Computer Science Education, specifically Teacher Knowledge (e.g. Pedagogical Content Knowledge and Pedagogical Design Capacity) and the integration of Computational Thinking in the Curriculum (CT in context).
Also, interest in Sustainability in Computer Science Education.
- 2018 - 2023 Computational Thinking in Context: One of the biggest challenges current educational systems face worldwide is the call for the integration of digital literacy into the curricula. When decomposing digital literacy into more specific skills, computational thinking (CT) is possibly the one most complicated. At the same time, it is key when aiming to apply the power of computing to solving problems in other scientific domains and thus pleadable to be an essential skill. Many schools in the Netherlands and abroad have started incorporating CT in their teaching, meanwhile struggling with the question how to do so in a structured and effective way, and how to facilitate their teachers. This project will support these schools through practice-oriented research, by developing suitable CT learning objectives for primary and secondary education, as well as teaching and learning strategies fostering the acquisition of these objectives. In primary school, we aim to connect CT to the general cogni
- Bachelor Thesis
- Bètawetenschappelijk Onderwijs in Context: scientific literacy
- Elementen van Bètaonderwijs
- Geïntegreerd Masteronderzoek
- Leren en Onderwijzen in Bètawetenschappen
- Master Thesis Computing Science
- Master Thesis Information Sciences
- Ontwerp van Onderwijs in Bètawetenschappen
- Research Internship