Dr K. Sidaoui (Karim)
Assistant professor - Marketing
Karim Sidaoui is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Nijmegen School of Management at Radboud University in the Netherlands. He received his PhD from the Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK on the topic of developing a better understanding of customer experience using data-driven artificial intelligence in service marketing.
Karim’s research interest expands on his doctoral research and focuses on ways conversational agents (e.g., chatbots) exhibiting data-driven artificial intelligence technology can not only examine and better understand customer experiences, but also provide a more human experience to customers. As a result, Karim aims for his research to aid in restoring the human-touch between firms and customers in an ever-increasing digital world. His recent publications appeared in the Journal of Service Research, Journal of Business Research, and the Journal of Service Management.
Karim also serves as a technology advisor on the board of the American Marketing Association Service Special Interest Group (ServSig) and is a founding technology officer at ServCollab, a non-profit organization focused on elevating the human experience by bringing researchers together to collaborate on ways to reduce human suffering and improve wellbeing worldwide.
With regards to teaching, Karim currently delivers master’s level courses on Digital Marketing and Data-driven Analytics for Responsible Business Solutions as well as Marketing at the bachelor level. In addition to his academic experience, he possesses more than 8 years of extensive international industry experience in software development, and electronics retail and distribution.
- Blazevic, V. & Sidaoui, K. (2022). The TRISEC framework for optimizing conversational agent design across search, experience and credence service contexts. Journal of Service Management. doi: 10.1108/JOSM-10-2021-0402/ Full text
- Ciuchita, R., Heller, J., Köcher, S. (née Küsgen), Köcher, S., Leclercq, T., Sidaoui, K. & Stead, S. (2022). It is Really Not a Game: An Integrative Review of Gamification for Service Research. Journal of Service Research. doi: 10.1177/10946705221076272 Full text
- Fombelle, P., Voorhees, C.M., Jenkins, M.R., Sidaoui, K., Benoit, S., Gruber, T., Anders, G. & Ibrahim, A. (2020). Customer deviance: A framework, prevention strategies, and opportunities for future research. Journal of Business Research, 116, 387-400. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.09.012
- Sidaoui, K., Jaakkola, M. & Burton, J. (2020). AI feel you: customer experience assessment via chatbot interviews. Journal of Service Management, 31 (4), 745-766. doi: 10.1108/JOSM-11-2019-0341
Research grants and prizes
- 2021 - Distinguished Achievement Award - Postgraduate Research Student of the Year 2021 for the Faculty of Humanities at the Alliance Manchester Business School More information
- 08 April 2022 - ISSIP Excellence in Service Innovation (Level 2) - Distinguished Recognition More information
- 14 November 2021 - Customer Experience (CX) Management podcast Season 1, Episode 9. In this podcast, Anders Gustafsson interviews Dr. Karim Sidaoui about his work on chatbots. The interview is based on Sidaoui, K., Jaakkola, M. and Burton, J. (2020), "AI feel you: customer experience assessment via chatbot interviews", Journal of Service Management, Vol. 31 No. 4, pp. 745-766. https://doi.org/10.1108/JOSM-11-2019-0341 More information
- 14 March 2022 - R&D Today article on using chatbots as interviewers of customer experience feelings. Article based of based on Sidaoui, K., Jaakkola, M. and Burton, J. (2020), "AI feel you: customer experience assessment via chatbot interviews", Journal of Service Management, Vol. 31 No. 4, pp. 745-766. https://doi.org/10.1108/JOSM-11-2019-0341 More information