The ERC Synergy Grants (funding up to a maximum of 14 million euros) are the largest and most competitive grants of the European Research Council. Scientific excellence is the criterium.
- Heino Falcke, Sera Markoff and Rob Fender: Blackholistic - colour movies of black holes and building a new telescope in Africa
- Arno Kentgens, Geoffrey Bodenhausen, Benno Meier and Jan Korvin
The research team will focus on developing NMR methods whereby medicines can be screened at a high processing speed. The research team, led by Arno Kentgens, will develop a way of hyperpolarising liquid samples so that the signal intensity is amplified by a factor of 100-10,000 compared to standard NMR experiments.
- Willem Halffman, Raphaël Lévy, Cyrus Mody and Cyril Labbé
In the NanoBubbles project, data scientists, nano scientists and science researchers will investigate how erroneous claims in nanobiology can be rectified.
- Mike Jetten and Caroline Slomp
Microbial removal of methane and ammonium from the environment.
- Theo Rasing, Stefan Blügel, Rafal Dunin-Borkowski and Mathias Kläui
From two-dimensional to three-dimensional magnetization textures.
- Mikhail Katsnelson, Olle Eriksson and Alexander Lichtenstein
Theoretical tools for ultrafast dynamics of correlated electrons in solids.
- Heino Falcke, Michael Kramer and Luciano Rezzolla
BlackHoleCam. Construct the first accurate image of a black hole.