The 'Nachbarsprache & buurcultuur' project was launched with the aim of supporting secondary schools in exchange programmes between German and Dutch schools.
The project 'Nachbarsprache & buurcultuur' was launched by Radboud University and the University of Duisburg-Essen with the aim of supporting secondary schools in exchange programmes between German and Dutch schools. These exchanges enabled participating students to develop a regional and a European identity. The project was funded by the European Union's Interreg V programme. The project was active from 2017 to 2021.
- Promotion and enhancement of lessons in German language and culture;
- Strengthening of transnational contacts between students;
- Promotion of students' interest in the neighbouring language and culture;
- Development of mutual understanding;
- Preparing students for an international future through direct contact with the neighbouring language and culture.
The teaching material of Nachbarsprache can be found here: