The central research question is: How has risk management regarding legal private firearms possession developed in the Netherlands during the period 1890-2022 in a legislative-historical and legal-administrative perspective?
To answer this question, the following aspects are considered:
- the various actors that played a role in this;
- which social events/incidents influenced the legislative process;
- the amendment period after these social events/incidents;
- whether this involved a risk/regulation reflex;
- any influences from the European Union and/or elsewhere.