RSCR trains high-quality scientific researchers in Sociology, Gender & Diversity, and Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies. After completing the PhD programme, students are awarded a doctorate in social sciences.
In RSCR, there are two types of PhD students:
PhD at Radboud University
If you are interested in having a PhD position at RSCR, you could regularly check the job opportunities at Radboud University. An application and job interview are part of the procedure for these PhD positions.
If you are interested in becoming an external PhD student at RSCR (without being contracted by Radboud University), the following formal steps have to be taken:
- The PhD-student should fill in an application form that includes a research proposal. An RSCR promotor should submit the application and the proposal to rscr [at] ru.nl (rscr[at]ru[dot]nl).
- The RSCR Advisory Board must approve this proposal to gain access to RSCR.
- The external PhD-student should constitute a supervising team of at least a promotor from Radboud University.
- The external PhD-student, the RSCR director, and the external PhD-student's employer (if applicable) sign an agreement on the proposed trajectory. A model agreement form is provided in Dutch and here in English. Deviations from this model are allowed with additional motivation.
- In agreement, the external PhD-student has to fill in a PhD Training and Supervision Plan (with the supervisor), and the external PhD-student agrees to participate in RadboudSCR's PhD tracking system, Hora Finita.
- When all steps are taken, the director will sign a presence agreement, and the PhD-student may be offered office space (if available).
There is no funding available for external PhDs at RSCR.