In the event of an evacuation, you are required to leave the building. The evacuation order will be given by an alarm signal or by an Emergency Response Team member (who can be recognised by their high-visibility safety vest). You will then need to follow this evacuation procedure.
- Bring vulnerable people to safety or call the central emergency number 024-3655555 to report the location of any disabled persons.
- In the event of a fire, do NOT use the lifts: leave the building via the stairwell or via an emergency exit.
- Follow the instructions that are given by the Emergency Response Team.
- Make your way to the central assembly point.
- When you arrive at the assembly point, report to the Emergency Response Team member and await further instructions.
- Do not enter the building while the evacuation signal is being sounded.
An evacuation drill is held about once every two years. Every student and staff member on campus, including the employees of third-party tenants, must take part in this drill.