Setting up a safe password
It is important to set up a good password. This way you increase your own digital security and the security of Radboud University.
Tips for a safe password
- Use memerable words or short phrases. Phrases are harder to guess and therefore much more secure than a single word.
- Do not use the same password phrase as a password anywhere else. The risk of a password (phrase) becoming known increases and with it the risk to you as a user.
- The password must be at least eight characters;
- It should preferably contain one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one digit and one foreign character;
- Gebruikersnaam en RU-wachtwoord mogen niet hetzelfde zijn;
- The new password may not be the same as any of your last 10 passwords.