For work or training

Taking leave for work-related matters and studies.

  • Training leave

    If you are planning to take a course that you are not permitted to complete during working hours, you can save up your hours in order to accumulate extra leave. See the ‘Training leave’ page for information about saving up hours and requesting leave...

  • Trade union leave

    As a member or board member of a trade union, you may be entitled to leave so that you can attend meetings, carry out relevant activities or attend courses. You can request this type of leave via the ‘Trade union leave’ page.

  • Political office leave

    If you have been appointed or elected to a political office, you may be entitled to special leave. The ‘Political office leave’ page contains more information about granting special leave and how this type of leave can be requested.