What assessment method you choose depends on the level and content of the learning objectives and the goal of the assessment. Additionally, you can choose whether to assess with or without digital assessment software. We differentiate the following main methods of assessment:
- Written test (with open and/or closed questions), can also be taken digitally.
- Written product, can also be taken digitally.
- Performance assessment.
- Practical assignments and internships.
- Portfolio assessment, can also be taken digitally.
- Oral exam (for example a competency-based interview)
Assessment specification table for a written assessment
When designing a written assessment, you make use of an assessment specification table. In the table you make clear which combinations of learning objective, level and item types you use to measure whether the learning objectives were achieved.