A Special Interest Group consists of staff and students of Radboud University who are connected in their interest in a certain education-related theme. Radboud Teaching and Learning Center facilitates this way of cooperation and learning together.
The core of a SIG
The initiative of a SIG lies with the participants. They mutually determine the content, frequency and goals. There are no guidelines for the shape, frequency and size of SIGs. The Radboud Teaching and Learning Center does ask for active sharing of knowledge and experiences.
- Focuses on a topic related to learning/education.
- Is cross-faculty in terms of theme and participants.
- Is open to all interested parties: teachers, support staff, students, etc.
- Meets regularly. The frequency is up to you and your SIG.
- Determines mutually how the content of a meeting is.
- Has a contact person for the TLC and for interested parties.
- Is willing to participate in communications, such as the website, newsletter, TLC sessions, etc.
- Is willing to share information, products or ideas arising from the SIG with others and actively works on knowledge retention and knowledge sharing.
Facilities for a SIG
The TLC offers various facilities:
- Secretarial support for appointments.
- On request use of the Teachers' Lounge including coffee/tea.
- Budget on request.
- Help in building a network through communication and promotion.
- A channel in the Team 'Radboud Teaching and Learning Community'.
- Help with knowledge sharing.
- A starter pack with materials for a good start.