The next grant submission period will start in February. From 1 February until 28 February it is possible to apply for a grant. With a subsidy from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science it is possible to set up or improve VIS projects. In addition to financial support, advice and training courses for lecturers are also available.
What is a Virtual International Collaboration Project (VIS)?
- A collaboration between (a lecturer from) Radboud University with (a lecturer from) one or more international partner universities, which takes place within the existing curriculum. It is possible to work together with the international partner for one or two activities within a course, but also to develop education together.
- It may concern a collaboration that has not yet started, but you are also invited to bring in existing collaborations which you would like to improve.
- It is emphatically about co-creation and reflection among students. Radboud students must come to insights and/or work towards a final product in mixed groups with students from the partner institution(s). As such, the subsidy cannot be used for MOOCs.
What is the subsidy scheme?
A one-off amount of €15,000, which may be spent on:
- Designing, developing and implementing or revising the VIS
- Scheduling lecturers and education experts for the development/revision and contact with the partner institution(s)
- Scheduling people within Radboud University with additional expertise, such as a person with specific expertise to make thematic connections with other courses or programmes, a colleague with experience in the field of virtual internationalised education
The project runs from 2021 to 2024, with two application rounds per year. More information can be found on the website of VIS.
Support for setting up a VIS
More information about the various support initiatives offered can be found on the website of VIS. In addition, at Radboud University, we can support lecturers with their grant application. To receive support, please contact Suzanne Kersten at suzanne.kersten [at] ru.nl.