Struggling under the weight of financial stress?

Inflation and the energy crisis affect everyone and can lead to serious financial stress. You don’t have to struggle in silence. If you or a colleague feel weighed down by financial woes, talk about it. 
The university has several resources that can help. 

Stichting Financieel in Balans (formerly Hulpfonds)

Stichting Financieel in Balans offers (financial) assistance to Radboud University employees in difficult times. You can contact Stichting Financieel in Balans for advice, budget support and interest-free loans. They also have a helpline you can call: 06-2568 9780. Here, professional staff from the Financial in Balance Foundation are there for you. They will speak to you and think with you. The conversations are anonymous and strictly confidential. You can reach the helpline on working days (Monday to Friday) from 8 am to 5 pm.

The foundation is an independent foundation with no university ties. The administrators and board members have a duty of confidentiality and will always handle your information with the strictest confidence. You do not need permission from your supervisor to use the Stichting Financieel in Balans.

more information (Dutch)


Your supervisor is usually your first point of contact when encountering problems. This person can usually help you find a workable solution, for example, if in the current situation your financial worries are impacting your work. If there’s something bothering you, don’t hesitate to contact your supervisor.

Company social services

The company social worker helps you when you experience stress. This can be due to, for example, a change in a difficult private situation that affects your functioning or a high work pressure or other causes that reduce your job satisfaction and cause imbalance. Together with this person, you make a plan to help you deal with the (new) situation. You can make an appointment with the company social worker free of charge on your own initiative. This conversation is confidential and independent. Often, after a few sessions, you will be able to get a better grip on your situation. If required, the company social worker can also advise you on other forms of assistance and can refer you to the right specialist. Don’t wait until you are at a dead end or really sick to ask for help. 

more information

External resources

If you struggle to pay for necessities for your child, like a school laptop, new football clothes or swimming lessons, click here for possible options (in Dutch).