The nominator needs to submit the following document, of which most parts will be provided by the nominee.
The document should be made in PDF format and should be named as follows:
<year> <fellow or prof > <surname> nomination.pdf, e.g. “2023 fellow Smith nomination.pdf”.
Applications can be submitted in Dutch or English.
The nomination document should consist of the following parts:
- Nomination form: Complete the nomination form. Since the nomination form is processed automatically, we kindly ask you to make sure that the nomination form remains an editable digital PDF form.
- Layman’s summary: Brief summary of the research proposal in layman’s terms (100-150 words).
- Research proposal: Description of the intended project at Radboud University or Radboudumc (max. 1500 words excl. references). The proposal should include: title of the project, subject, methods, aims, motivation of selection of host institute, bibliography, time schedule etc.
- Curriculum Vitae: Submit a CV of 3 pages maximum, which should not include a list of publications.
- Key publications: List of the candidate's 10 most relevant publications. Please do not submit a full publication list; just highlight the candidate's 10 key publications.
- Recommendation letter 1: Letter from an esteemed academic in the nominee’s field of research (max. 1 page). Please mention the page limit in advance, when asking someone to write this letter of recommendation.
- Recommendation letter 2: Letter from a second esteemed academic in nominee’s field of research (max. 1 page).
- Host recommendation: Letter written by the nominator, addressing the following questions:
- Do you know the nominee personally or are you in contact with their current research institute?
- How do you evaluate the nominee’s academic career and achievements as to date?
- To what extent were you involved in drawing up the research proposal?
- How does the proposed project fit in with the research being carried out at your institute?
- How do you evaluate the research proposal? (E.g. current relevance, originality, focus, feasibility, how it will strengthen the research institute’s international networks and collaborations, and for fellows: how it will contribute to the nominee’s academic career.)
- Estimated budget: When nominating a candidate, you need to include a proposed budget. This budget will include expected costs and how these will be financed. Please note that not all costs will be covered by Radboud Excellence Initiative. Therefore, we ask your Financial Department to check and approve the budget, in order to avoid future misunderstandings. Please use the Excel file to see what kind of costs could be included in the budget.