If you relocate so that you can be closer to your job at Radboud University, you are entitled to a relocation allowance if:
- You currently live more than 25 kilometres away from the campus and you move to Nijmegen and/or the surrounding area;
- The move reduces the distance between your new home and the campus by at least 60 percent;
- You have been given an employment contract for more than two years;
- You relocate within two years of starting your job at Radboud University.
You are entitled to an allowance for the cost of moving your furniture, soft furnishings and kitchenware and other costs, such as the expenses that you will incur for furnishing your new home. Request your relocation allowance [form Verhuiskostenvergoeding]
Amount of allowance
If you choose to allow UTS Verkroost (Radboud University’s regular moving company) to move your household effects, you will be reimbursed for all costs. If you choose to hire a moving company of your choice, you will receive a maximum refund of the amount that was stipulated by UTS Verkroost in their quotation. You can request a quotation from UTS Verkroost by calling 024-3775322 or by sending an email to verkoop [at] utsverkroost.nl.
The amount of the allowance for the other costs will depend on your yearly income and the type of household effects that you will be relocating. ‘Household effects’ is taken to mean: personal goods such as furniture, soft furnishings and kitchenware, that have been used within a residence that is no smaller than a one-bedroom dwelling.
- If you move your own household effects, you will receive a minimum relocation allowance of €3,000.00 and a maximum relocation allowance of €5,445.00.
- If you are not moving any household effects, you will receive a minimum relocation allowance of €1,000.00 and a maximum relocation allowance of €1,361.25.