Each year, your supervisor will conduct an annual appraisal interview. The purpose of the annual appraisal interview is that the information that is discussed will help you to perform to the best of your ability. Together with your supervisor, you will reflect on the past year and set your goals for the forthcoming year. You will discuss:
- Which aspects of your work were successful and which aspects were less successful during the past year.
- Whether you were able to achieve the agreed results.
- The progress of the collaboration between you and your colleagues.
- The progress of the collaboration between you and your supervisor.
- Your expectations and ambitions for the forthcoming year.
- Your development potential, which is tailored to match the goals of your department and the organisation.
Preparing for your annual appraisal interview
Sometimes your manager will give you instructions or a particular tool that will help you to prepare for your annual appraisal interview. There are several ways in which you can also prepare for your annual appraisal interview. You can:
- Take the Annual appraisal interviews’ online training course (in Dutch).
- Have a look at the Annual appraisal interview format.
- Have a look at the information on the e-learning modules or actually take one of the e-learning modules on Progress reviews and annual appraisal interviews in gROW.