Pension contribution

Each month, an amount of money will be deducted from your salary that will be used to pay your pension contribution. This contribution goes towards the following types of pension:

  • Old-age pension
  • Survivor’s pension
  • Incapacity for work pension

The university pays 70% of your pension contribution; you pay the remaining 30% yourself. 

Pension compensation

If the ABP annual salary exceeds the capping limit, it is not possible to accrue tax-free pension on the income above this amount. You can find the current amount of the capping limit on the salary scale overview (max. annual income OPNP). Annually, up to the capping limit, the employee pension premium is deducted from the salary and the university pays the employer's part of the pension premium.

On the income above the capping limit, the employee is compensated monthly for the employer's share of the pension contribution. No accrual of holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus applies over this compensation.

The name of the allowance on the salary slip is 'pension compensation'.

Contact

Need help? Get in touch with your personnel HR officer.

This website is still under construction. More information: 'a new website'.