If you plan on retiring soon, you can register as a pensioned employee of Radboud University. By registering, you can continue to use certain facilities as a pensioner. Some of these facilities are linked to your campus card.
- You will receive discounts for Radboud Sports Centre
- You can continue to enjoy the same loan facilities at the University Library. Note: If you do not use your library account for more than a year, it will automatically expire. You can reactivate your account at RUQuest.
- You will automatically receive the alumni magazine Radboud Magazine
- You can become/remain a member of the Staff Association (PV) and Radboud Seniors. The first year of membership is free for pensioned employees who are not PV members.
If you would like to register, go to the account portal. Registration is possible three months before your contract ends up to and including your contract’s end date.
How to register
- Go to https://account.ru.nl/AccountPortal/
- Log in with your U-number and personal password
- Click ‘Start a new application’
- Select ‘Services’
- Select ‘Add to cart’ for the ‘register for pensioned status’ line
- Click ‘Submit’
You will receive a confirmation e-mail as soon as your registration has been processed. The pension status has a duration of two years. At the end of this period, you will receive an e-mail asking whether you would like to continue.
If you’re having trouble registering, send an e-mail to gepensioneerden [at] ru.nl.
No email address retention
- You will keep your e-mail address up to one month after your pension date. After this date, your RU account will be closed. This does not apply to professors emeriti.
- If you continue to work for Radboud University after your pension date, you will only retain your e-mail address if you have been given an (unpaid) contract for this work. If you have any questions about this, please contact your HR advisor.