Going abroad

Everything about studying, doing an internship, working, conference visits, and more abroad; such as options, permissions, preparation and scholarships.

If you are an employee, always request written permission from your supervisor first and fill out the form: 'Reporting a foreign stay'. Review the checklist moving below for more information for your situation.

  • The 30% tax facility

    Are you coming from abroad for a job at Radboud University or going abroad for a longer period of time? If so, you may be entitled to the 30% rule.

  • Taxes when living abroad

    If you go abroad for six weeks (45 days) or more for your work, this could affect your tax payments. This means that you will usually need to fill in the Foreign Residency Notification Form.

  • Checklist for a temporary stay abroad

    If you are going abroad for up to 6 weeks, it is a good idea to check a few things before you go.

  • Checklist for moving abroad

    If you are planning to move abroad while you remain in the employ of Radboud University, you will need to arrange a number of matters pertaining to social security, taxation and your health insurance as an employee.

  • Foreign Residency Notification Form

    Always fill in the Foreign Residency Notification Form prior to your departure to find out if you can continue to be insured under the Dutch social security system or if you will need to take out insurance in the country where you will be staying.

  • International Collaboration Funds

    Do you want to cooperate with a colleague from abroad and invest jointly in research or education? Take a look at the Radboud-Western and Radboud-Glasgow Collaboration Fund.

  • Submitting your temporary address

    If you are a Radboud University staff member and are staying abroad for work, it is important that the University has your temporary address while abroad.

  • Travel and accommodation costs reimbursement

    If you travel abroad, you may be entitled to reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs. You can declare these and request an advance in Radboud University’s Business Administration System (BASS).

  • Social security when living abroad

    If you are planning to work and live abroad temporarily and your employment contract and salary from Radboud University remain valid, Dutch social security will generally continue to apply.

  • Vaccinations and travel advice

    Are you going to a tropical or a subtropical country? Check beforehand with the Travel and Vaccination Desk whether you need vaccinations or a health certificate.

  • Verzekeren tegen ziektekosten

    Blijf je in Europa of ga je buiten Europa? Informeer bij je zorgverzekeraar of je tijdens je verblijf in het buitenland verzekerd bent tegen ziektekosten.

  • Business travel insurance

    If you are going abroad for a maximum of one year in your capacity as a Radboud University staff member, you can obtain travel insurance from the university.