Business travel insurance

Travel insurance is available for staff members who are going abroad for up to one year for their work. Business Travel Insurance is supplementary to the staff member’s personal insurance.

A short stay will not necessarily need to be declared, but you will need to declare a stay of more than 180 days in advance by sending an email to verzekering [at] (verzekering[at]ru[dot]nl).

The Financial Manual contains plenty of information about insurance. If you have any questions about your personal situation, please send an email to verzekering [at] (verzekering[at]ru[dot]nl).


If you suffered damages while you were living abroad, consult the Bedrijfsreisverzekering to find out how these costs can be reimbursed.

Please note that in some cases, prior authorisation will need to be obtained to incur costs, for example, if you wish to be reimbursed for costs that have been incurred due to injury or illness.