Taxes when living abroad

If you go abroad for six weeks (45 days) or more for your work, this could affect your tax payments. This means that you will usually need to fill in the Foreign Residency Notification Form.

A labour lawyer from Global Staff Services will review the completed form and determine where you will need to pay payroll tax on your salary: in the Netherlands or in the country where you are headed. This will ensure that the Salary Administration pays enough tax, or prevent you from being taxed twice. The labour lawyer will also determine where you should be socially insured. Global Staff Services will subsequently notify the HR officer.