Confidential Adviser

Staff members who feel unsafe while they are working, or have been involved in a dispute or have been exposed to undesirable behaviour, or who are concerned about scientific integrity can contact a confidential adviser. A confidential advisor will listen to what you have to say and will discuss the ways in which the situation can be resolved.

The adviser will examine your report and assist you in the subsequent steps. For example, by calling in a mediator or submitting a complaint to the Complaints Committee. At Radboud University and Radboud university medical center, we make a distinction between confidential advisors for undesirable behaviour and confidential advisors for academic staff/doctoral candidates.

Different confidential advisors

There are different confidential advisors who deal with different issues, check out the infographic under this section for this. You can reach the confidants at vertrouwenspersonen [at]

Who are the confidential advisers

Pictures of all confidential advisers
Pictures of all confidential advisers

Infographic confidential advisers

Confidential advisor for undesirable behaviour

If you have been exposed to undesirable behaviour, such as bullying, gossip, aggression, sexually transgressive behaviour or power abuse, you can contact a confidential advisor for undesirable behaviour.

Confidential advisor for scientific integrity

Violations of scientific integrity include the manipulation or misinterpretation of research results, the falsification of data, bias or dependence in contract research, plagiarism or violation of copyright, or other forms of scientific misconduct. 

Confidential advisor for whistle-blowers

The confidential advisor for whistle-blowers and the Whistle-blower Regulations are there for anyone who wishes to report an activity that may harm the university. This may involve a criminal offence, an infringement of the regulations or misleading an accountant. Or it may concern a threat to public health, public safety or the environment. The university could also be exposed to a serious risk due to the exchange of information, or the omission or withholding of information. 

Labour disputes and other circumstances

If you are feeling frustrated or discouraged at work, this could be due to a previous or imminent labour dispute. Such a dispute could pertain to the nature of your work, working relationships, working conditions or terms of employment. A labour dispute may either arise between individual colleagues or between a staff member and supervisor. If you have any doubts, please contact us at vertrouwenspersonen [at]


If you have a query or complaint, please send an email to our help desk. Our team of confidential advisors will be happy to talk to you and put you in touch with the right confidential advisor. Your query or complaint will be handled with the utmost confidentiality. 

You will receive a confirmation and an appointment request for a brief telephone intake the same day. Afterwards, you will be in contact with one of our confidential advisers within 2 working days at the latest.