Confidential Adviser Staff

For students: see Student Confidential Adviser

Staff members who feel unsafe while they are working, or have been involved in a dispute or have been exposed to undesirable behaviour, or who are concerned about scientific integrity can contact a confidential adviser. A confidential advisor will listen to what you have to say and will discuss the ways in which the situation can be resolved.

vertrouwenspersonen [at] (Confidential contact)class="btn btn--secondary"

The confidential advisor can also help you with any follow-up steps if you wish to do so. You will always be in control of the process.

At Radboud University and Radboud university medical center, we make a distinction between confidential advisers for undesirable behaviour and confidential advisers for academic staff/doctoral candidates.

Different confidential advisers

There are different confidential advisers who deal with different issues. You can reach the confidants at vertrouwenspersonen [at]

Who are the confidential advisers

picture of confidential advisers

Confidential adviser for undesirable behaviour

If you have been exposed to undesirable behaviour, such as bullying, gossip, aggression, sexually transgressive behaviour or power abuse, you can contact a confidential advisor for undesirable behaviour.

Confidential adviser for scientific integrity

Violations of scientific integrity include the manipulation or misinterpretation of research results, the falsification of data, bias or dependence in contract research, plagiarism or violation of copyright, or other forms of scientific misconduct. 

Confidential adviser for whistle-blowers

The confidential adviser for whistle-blowers and the Whistle-blower Regulations are there for anyone who wishes to report an activity that may harm the university. This may involve a criminal offence, an infringement of the regulations or misleading an accountant. Or it may concern a threat to public health, public safety or the environment. The university could also be exposed to a serious risk due to the exchange of information, or the omission or withholding of information. 

Labour disputes and other circumstances

If you are feeling frustrated or discouraged at work, this could be due to a previous or imminent labour dispute. Such a dispute could pertain to the nature of your work, working relationships, working conditions or terms of employment. A labour dispute may either arise between individual colleagues or between a staff member and supervisor. If you have any doubts, please contact us at vertrouwenspersonen [at]

Difference between the ombudsofficer and confidential advisers

The most important difference: a confidential adviser focuses on the individual reporter, whereas the ombud role by contrast takes a broader view and makes recommendations on underlying improvements that go beyond the individual report. The ombudsofficer is impartial and can therefore play a mediating role between a reporter and the organisation. By contrast, a confidential advisor takes the part of the person making the report and in tackling the problems.

It does not matter where you make your first report: the confidential advisor and the ombudsofficer will in consultation refer to or call in each other where necessary. These roles are complementary.


If you have a question, signal or report, please send an email to our help desk via vertrouwenspersonen [at] Our team of confidential advisors will be happy to talk to you and put you in touch with the right confidential advisor, which will be any one of the confidential advisors listed below. Your question, signal or report will be handled with the utmost confidentiality. 

You will receive a confirmation and an appointment request for a brief telephone intake the same day. Afterwards, you will be in contact with one of our confidential advisers within 2 working days at the latest.