Requesting an employer’s declaration for a lease or a mortgage

If you want to buy or rent a property, you will often require an employer’s declaration. This document contains information about your salary, contract and job position.

If you have a fixed-term contract, you will often need a letter of intent. Check with your HR officer whether you are eligible for this letter of intent. 

Once you have requested your employer’s declaration, you can expect to receive it within one to two workdays, depending on your type of request:

  • If you collect the document yourself, you can expect to pick it up within one workday.
  • If you request a digital version, you can expect to receive it within one workday. You will also need to check with your mortgage lender or landlord first to see whether they accept digital letters or declarations.
  • If the document is sent by mail, you can expect to receive it within at least two workdays, depending on the postal service. 


Get in touch with your personnel HR officer.

Contact department