Radboud University has its own corporate channel on the YouTube video platform. Organisational units, such as faculties or institutions, also have their own channels. Any video that appears on one of these channels must comply with the following guidelines. Go to the YouTube channel.
- Videos must comply with Radboud University’s house style. For this purpose, the video templates can be used.
- A video must contain a title and a description in both Dutch and English. The title should bBe short and concise and inspire your audience to watch the video. The description should include the key message of the video.
- Dutch-language videos should be subtitled in English. Subtitles for YouTube should be submitted separately as an SRT file and will not be immediately included in the video. If you require help with your subtitles, please contact In’to Languages for subtitling assistance.
Consent for using images and music
As the creator or supervisor of a video production, you are responsible for arranging portrait rights and copyright for the images that you will be used in your video. In this case, the following applies:
- The people who appear in your video will have already given you their consent. Click here to find out when you will need to request consent.
- If you use images from third parties, you will need to obtain written consent from the author. This will need to be arranged before the video goes online. Find out more about image copyright.
As the creator or supervisor of a video production, you are responsible for arranging copyright for the music that you will be used in your video. In this case, the following applies:
- The music in the video will have been lawfully purchased or should be royalty-free.
- The right to use the music will have been arranged before the video goes online.
Once your video has met these guidelines, you can upload the video. For this purpose, you will need to contact one of the following channel administrators:
- Email communicatie [at] ru.nl for uploading a video to the university’s corporate channel.
- Contact the faculty/department’s communication officer for uploading a video to one of the subchannels.