Marital or civil partnership leave

If you are planning to get married or enter into a civil partnership, you are entitled to a short leave of absence:

  • You will be given one day of short-term leave to formally register your intention to marry.
  • You will be given four days of short-term leave for your wedding or civil partnership.

You are entitled to one day of short-term leave for the following wedding anniversaries: 

  • For your own 25th and 40th wedding anniversaries.
  • For your parents’, parents-in-law’s and step-parents’ 25th, 40th, 50th and 60th wedding anniversaries.


You will need to contact your supervisor about your request. You will also need to notify your personnel HR officer.

Leave No loss of salary No loss of pension accrual Accrual of holiday hours
Short-term leave          v               v              v


Need help? Get in touch with your personnel HR officer.

Contact department