Requesting emergency leave

In some cases, you may be granted emergency leave, for example:

  • If you require assistance from a plumber because you have discovered a leak.
  • If your child has suddenly taken ill and you have to go home.
  • If you are at work and your partner is about to give birth.

You are entitled to a maximum of two days of emergency leave per year.


You will need to inform your supervisor as soon as possible that you are taking emergency leave. If possible, do this by telephone. You will also need to notify your personnel HR officer about your request. In BASS, you register this leave as 'extraordinary leave'.

Leave No loss of salary No loss of pension accrual Accrual of holiday hours
Emergency leave        v        v        v


Need help? Get in touch with your personnel HR officer.

Contact department