If you want to recruit and appoint top executives*, you have to deal with a different procedure than the regular procedure.
*Executive management positions are understood to include: (vice) deans, professors, secretary of the university, Managing Director of Radboud Services, administrative directors, division directors of Radboud Services and non-academic staff starting from scale 15
Recruitment: practical advice
An appointment advisory committee (BAC) is set up prior to recruitment. Explicit and transparent agreements are made in advance with the Executive Board about the method of recruitment. You can also choose to outsource recruitment, for instance by engaging an executive recruitment and selection agency. HR can advise on this.
- Recruitment and selection conducted entirely by the BAC
- Recruitment and selection via an (executive) recruitment and selection agency
Procedure to (re)appoint executive management positions
Procedure for (vice) deans
The formal appointments procedure is described in Article 17 of the Radboud University Structure Regulations and Article 11 of the Radboud University Administration and Management Regulations.
- Appointmentprocedure of a dean
- Appointmentprocedure of the vice dean
- Reappointmentprocedure of (vice) deans
- Procedure for appointing Secretary of the University
Introductory information concerning the procedure for Administrative Directors, Managing Director Radboud Services and Division Directors Radboud Services
- Appointmentprocedure of an Administrative Director
- Appointmentprocedure of the Director of Radboud Services
- Appointmentprocedure of Division Director Radboud Services
Sabbatical, fixed expense allowance and declarations for top management
When appointing top executives, keep in mind that sabbatical, expense allowance and expense claims differ from regular procedures for some positions.