Where can you go?

Do you want to study or do an internship abroad but you are not (yet) sure where you would like to? Then you can find an overview with the possibilities here.

We have 3 different types of exchange agreements outside of the EU: 

  • Partner universities with a University-wide agreement
    At these universities, students from all faculties can study for an exchange period (if selected).
  • Partner universities with a joint faculty agreement
    At these universities, only students from the faculties listed in the exchange agreement can study. 
  • Partner universities with a single faculty agreement
    Only the students of the one faculty with which the exchange agreement is signed can study at these universities. 

Click here for a list of non-EU partner universities

Within the EU, we have several Erasmus partners. Check the partner map below or contact your faculty’s International Office for more information. 

  • On the map below you can find all of our partner universities. If you select your faculty, you can see all your possibilities. Your faculty coordinator can help your with any specific questions regarding your study or internship at these partners.

To the map

Other educational institutions and institutes

In addition to the partners on the map above, you can also choose to do your study abroad experience at another educational institution or institute. You can find more information on the grants page.

Internship abroad

Besides studying abroad, you can also choose to do an internship abroad. Different rules apply to this. If you would like to do an internship abroad, please contact your faculty coordinator. 

Summer/winter schools 

The summer and winter periods might be a good time to follow one or more courses abroad, usually lasting from 2 to 4 weeks. This is also a great way of becoming immersed in a foreign language. There are many courses to choose from, in particular in the summer.

Some courses are offered by regular educational institutions, while others are offered by commercial (or semi-commercial) institutions. The various providers do not, however, always guarantee the quality of education.


Special arrangements with some of our University-wide partners

In addition to the above options, some of our partner universities offer tuition fee waived spots for their Summer Schools. These arrangements are available for students of all faculties. 

Offer University-wide partners


Search portals

Summer Schools in Europe

StudyPortals - Short Courses   

Radboud Summer School

Radboud University also has its own, renowned international summer school. A very suitable option for an international experience at home! 

Radboud Summer School website 


Information on exchange with the United Kingdom

Since 31 December 2020, the United Kingdom (UK) is no longer part of the European Union. Read more about how this might affect your exchange to this country.

Financial support

Find out what kind of financial support you can get to do a study or internship abroad on the Grants page.