Apply for help with housing

Only international exchange and Master's students are eligible for housing assistance. They can follow these 3 steps.  


  1. Step 1: Submit your PAS Form

    You can indicate if you want to make use of the accommodation assistance in a Pre-arrival Services (PAS) Form. This form is integrated into your online application to Radboud University and will be activated after admission. You will receive an automated email with a link to the PAS Form.

    Deadline for the PAS Form submission: 1 June (1st semester) and 1 December (2nd semester)

     Application and admission

  2. Step 2: Receive an email from Radboud University

    If we find suitable accommodation for you, we will contact you by email. In general, housing offers will be made 1-2 months before the semester starts

    Don't forget to check the mailbox you used for the online application for a room offer (including a spam folder), so you don't miss out.

  3. Step 3: Confirm an offer

    Depending on the type of room offer, use your (book-your-room) voucher or send your confirmation email within 4 days.

    Please note:

    If we are able to make you an offer (and you have applied for housing assistance before the deadline), room offers will be sent from May to July to students starting in the first semester, and in December and January to the students starting in the second semester. Be aware that you will have to pay rent immediately, after accepting the room offer and that some housing providers may ask you to pay 3 months rent in advance.

Keep in mind:

  1. First-year international Master's and exchange students of Radboud University can request assistance in finding furnished accommodation when they live abroad. 
  2. We can only offer housing to exchange and Master’s students when they first arrive in the Netherlands. Bachelor's students and (Pre) Master's students can join the SSH& lottery after they have received their acceptance letter. 
  3. Being eligible for housing assistance does not mean that you will automatically receive a room offer, as student housing mediated by Radboud University is limited.
  4. That Radboud University cannot give any guarantees to students coming with partner and/or family. But please indicate it on the PAS form.  Please keep in mind that if students indicate that they will come with partner or family will no longer get a room offer for one single person.
  5. Pets are not allowed in the rooms that we mediate.
  6. Housing offered by Radboud University is for the whole study period, as indicated at the first registration. Then, you will have to find alternative accommodation yourself. 
  7. Housing contracts have a fixed periodThere is no extension possible after the end date of your housing contract.  
    Exchange students who want to extend their exchange period after the first semester, need to contact the faculty coordinator whether it is ok to extend. 
    They will then contact the housing department to see whether there is a new room available. Please note you will not be able to stay in the same room/building.
  8.  You get only one housing offer. If you do not accept our housing offer or do not react to our email in time, we will not be able to make you another offer.
  9. You can't change a room after it has been booked.
  10. SSH& accommodation is not available for students who are 30 years or older.
  11. For students 30 years or older Radboud University will do their utmost to place them at an estate agent. Please note: estate agents oftentimes only offer 1 year fixed contracts. 

Do you have questions about the procedure for applying for housing assistance? Please, contact housing [at]

For more detailed information and about your responsibilities:

Terms and conditions housing

Terms and conditions housing