Working as an international student

As an international student in the Netherlands, you might want to take a part-time job to cover your costs of living or so that you can gain a different experience of Dutch society. You are allowed to work alongside your studies, but there are restrictions that depend on your nationality.

Please note that it might not be easy to combine study and work. And it is not always possible to find a part time job. So make sure you have enough money to live on.


Can I work in the Netherlands?

EU/EEA students

If you are from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you are free to work and there are no restrictions.

Other students

If you are from a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, there are some restrictions if you wish to work alongside your studies. You will require a work permit and you will only be able to work for a maximum of 16 hours a week; as an alternative, you may also work full-time but only during the summer months of June, July and August. In this case, your employer will need to apply for the work permit on your behalf. 

For more information about studying and working in the Netherlands, see the Study in Holland website. 


Looking for a job?

Campus Detachering

Radboud University has its own student temp agency called Campus Detachering. Check out their website for job opportunities. Please note that there are not enough jobs for all of our students, but you can sign up for their newsletter to keep informed about the current vacancies.

International Students Work

International Students Work is a student-run temp agency that helps international students find temporary jobs.

Career Central

Career Central is the community for everything related to networking and your career, besides and after your studies. It is a place where (former) students meet, come into contact with professionals and apply for internships and jobs.


Found a job? Change your insurance!

Congratulations! But please note: you will need to register for Dutch public health insurance once you are employed in the Netherlands.

Check your insurance