I will stay longer than four months
If your stay in the Netherlands exceeds four months, you are required to make an appointment with the municipality of Nijmegen after your arrival. A valid passport or ID and a copy of your room contract are required for this registration. During the appointment you will receive your Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is a personal number that government agencies and other official bodies use in their communications with citizens. You will receive a letter of confirmation, which also states your Citizen Service Number. We strongly recommend to keep this letter with your BSN in a safe place.
How to schedule an appointment with the municipality of Nijmegen
Please note that making an appointment only works on a PC or laptop.
Use the municipality's online tool to schedule an appointment.
- In step 1, search for and select Registration foreign student, read the instructions on what to bring, and go to step 2 of the process.
- In step 2, you don't have to select a location. The appointment will take place in Huize Heyendael on the Radboud campus. Select a date. Please note that you can only schedule an appointment during the designated times (Wednesday 23 August, Friday 25 August, or on workdays between 28 August and 22 September). Select a time and continue to step 3.
- In step 3, please fill out the boxes with an asterisk (*), with the following information: Achternaam (surname), Geboortedatum (date of birth), Telefoonnummer (phone number; if it does not accept your phone number, fill in 10 times 0), and E-mailadres (email address). Continue to step 4.
- In step 4, click on Bevestig afspraak (confirm appointment) if the details you entered are correct. If these are not correct, click on the button Wijzigen (= change) and make the necessary changes before clicking on Bevestig afspraak (= confirm appointment).
- You will receive a confirmation of your appointment by email. In this email, there are also links with which you can change (‘ik wil mijn afspraak wijzigen’) or cancel (‘ik wil mijn afspraak annuleren’) your appointment if necessary.