Lodging an external appeal with the Council of State

If your objection or appeal has been settled and you do not agree with the outcome, you may appeal against the decision by lodging an appeal with the Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State. The website of the Council of State contains information about how you should lodge your appeal. The period of appeal is six weeks.

Previously, this was done at the Higher Education Appeals Board (CBHO). The CBHO was discontinued on Jan. 1, 2023.

Website Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State


Please note: Lodging an appeal involves court fees. The amount of court fees is adjusted on an annual basis. Please check the Council of State website for the current amount. The website also contains additional information about the rules of procedure.

Prerequisites for lodging an external appeal

You can only lodge an appeal with the Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State if you have completed the objection procedure with the Executive Board or the appeal procedure with the Examination Appeals Board at Radboud University.