Combining studying with informal care

If you are an informal carer who is studying at Radboud University, we can offer the necessary support.

Who is eligible?

Anyone who is helping to care for someone in their immediate family is eligible for support. For example, this may be a parent or sibling who is chronically ill, or a family member who is suffering from mental illness or has a disability.

Available support

Radboud University offers those students who are informal carers: 

You can also take one of the online training courses at Gezondeboel. For this purpose, you will need to create an account with your Radboud email address. Visit

Requesting support

If you require support, please make an appointment with your study advisor. Your study advisor can be found through your faculty’s Student Information Point. Your study advisor will then refer you to a student counsellor.


For more information, please contact the Central Student Desk. The Central Student Desk is available on weekdays.

+31 24 361 23 45

Contact department